2002-08 – 2006-08
Photos are only visible to registered employersRegister here
United Arab Emirates
7 years experience
2002-08 – 2006-08
2016-06 – 2020-06
Conduct periodic audits for Government entities, which includes Information Technology General Controls, IT Application Controls, IT Governance Macro Risk Assessment, Performance and Thematic audits based on the annual audit plan according to audit standards.
Tested the design and effectiveness of internal controls by completing walkthrough of IT(ISO, COBIT, ITIL) and business processes (procurement management, revenue management, vendor management, data migration). Perform data analytics for significant business process. Reviewed various operating systems (Microsoft Windows, HPUNIX, Linux, Solaris, IBM AS400 & Mainframe), database platforms(Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, S4HANA), Datacenters, Privileged access management and Identity access management solutions during the audit engagements.
Other profile data will become visible once you registerTo register
2012-12 – 2016-06
Lead various advisory and audit assignments for review of Information Technology General Controls. Conducted GAP assessment of Enterprise IT security policy/procedures against ISO27001/02 & COBIT5 security standards. Prepared draft reports by evaluating audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy and perspective of observations against accumulated audit evidence and proposed the recommendations considering the risk appetite of the entity accordingly.
• Conducted risk assessment for Oracle, SQL server databases, application servers, operating systems.
• Created data model & populated data dictionary information for application schemas.
• Performed data analytics
• Engaged in the development of IT & Information security policies & procedures
• Lead deployment of Microsoft Dynamics Axapta for various clients. Complete Ax infrastructure management i.e. instance installation/ configuration/administration/cloning , reports deployment, backup management, virtualization management, patching, cloning of instances. Engaged in Microsoft CRM administration & management also.
2010-03 – 2012-12
Responsible for administration and management of Oracle, SQL Server, mySQL and Sharepoint databases. Executed data fixes as part of change management activity. Performance management is the key element for any live database. Hence, monitored the databases using Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control & reviewed alert log files, trace files, AWR reports. I was actively engaged in execution of disaster recovery drills. Planned the capacity management for the entire application landscape, prepared standard operating procedures for database maintenance, deployment guides and designed contingency & rollback plans for production environment. Below are project details:
• Scrambling of data using Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g & custom designed Pl/SQL subroutines/procedures
• Designing & execution of failover/switchover strategies for databases & web servers
• Logical splitting of application data using partitioning techniquess for optimum performance achievement
• Fragmentation & Index management
• Cross platform migration of entire IT application Infrastructure – Webserver, Operating system and Database
• Complete automation of Backups & its optimization - Custom designed batch jobs, schedules and SQL scripts
2007-09 – 2010-02
Responsible for providing support to clients on 24/7 basis dealing with Tier 1 production issues. Executed POC activities for several Oracle products. Engaged in service level agreement and media management for various clients. Details for Oracle projects undertaken are:
• Real Application Clusters(HA) solution implementation using cluster file system (ASM/OCFS/GPFS) on various operating systems (AIX5L/Linux/Windows)
• Data Guard (HA) solution implementation on different operating systems (AIX5L/Linux/Windows/Sun Solaris)
• Backup & Recovery configuration using RMAN, Data pump, Export/Import
• Database Server installation, configuration, administration, patching - AIX5L/Linux/ Windows/ Sun Solaris
• Applications server, Fusion Middleware & WebLogic Server -installation/configuration/administration and application deployment
• Migration from obsoleted versions Oracle 8i, 9i to 10g
• Replication of database using streams/multi-master replication implementation
2006-09 – 2007-09
Responsible for monitoring and troubleshooting database issues. Engaged in conducting user acceptance test for different applications and escalate issues to the development team.
IT General Controls (Access Management, Change Management, Program Development, Computer Operations)(
IT Application Controls (Aviation, Ports, Construction, Banking business processes)
Data analytics : Ms Excel , ACL, Arubutus
Oracle : Real Application Clusters, Dataguard, Streams, Backup
Oracle Applications administration/management
SQL Server: administration/management - Clustering, Backup
Virtualization management - Oracle VM, VMware
Operation system administration/management - Linux/Windows