2007-09 – 2011-07
, United Kingdom
Photos are only visible to registered employersRegister here
7 years experience
2007-09 – 2011-07
2012-09 – 2018-07
As a locum pharmacist I was responsible for:
• the quality of medicines supplied to patients
• ensuring that the supply of medicines is within the law
• ensuring that the medicines prescribed to patients are suitable
• advising patients about medicines, including how to take them, what reactions may occur and answering patients' questions.
• supervise the medicines supply chain and ensure pharmacy premises and systems are fit for purpose
• advise other healthcare professionals about safe and effective medicines use, and safe and secure supply of medicines
• respond to patients' symptoms and advise on medicines for sale in pharmacies
• provide services to patients, such as smoking cessation, blood pressure measurement and cholesterol management
• supervise the production and preparation of medicines and assessments of quality of medicines before they are supplied to patients from pharmaceutical manufacturers.
Other profile data will become visible once you registerTo register
2017-10-02 – 2017-12-20
Clinical Induction and shadowing Lead Pharmacist in screening prescription using references from various sources.
Comprehension of guidelines, chart screening, medicines reconciliation and clinical checks and Awareness of different dispensing electronic software like JAC.
Documentation of accurate drug histories using various sources: PODS, PATIENTS and MEDICINE RECONCILIATION, CLINICAL CHECK/CHART SCREENING. Understanding and strictly abiding to the Hospital guidelines while making references from various sources to ascertain accurate clinical judgement.
Checking mental health prescriptions in an accredited Clozaril centre, using references, hospital sources and standard operating procedures.
Monitoring PATIENTS’ Own drug / parameters and reviewing their MEDICATION CHARTS ALONGSIDE EXTENSIVE Dispensing and clinical Work Experience.
2011-07-01 – 2012-08-31
My responsibility as pre-registration pharmacist were:
• To assist in the operations and dispensing of prescriptions and the supply of pharmaceutical products including controlled drugs and appliances ensuring safety and clinical appropriateness.
• Responds to symptoms and recommends appropriate OTC medication.
• Counsel and advise patients appropriately under supervision.
• Works within legal, ethical and governance framework keeping abreast of current changes.
• Develop good management, leadership and communication skills to prepare for future role as a qualified pharmacist.
• To participate in the training programme as required by the General Pharmaceutical Council and prepare for the pre-registration examination.
• To be responsible for self-directed learning to support the collection of a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate competence and participate in appraisals with the pre-registration tutor as per company guidance and GPhC programme compliance.
• To attend study days and complete pre and post study assignments organised by NPA
• To develop knowledge and skills within each competency areas as mapped to GPhC performance standards.
• To plan own workload and study time to develop organizational skills and support the provision of a timely pharmaceutical service.
• To participate in Audit as instructed by the pre-registration tutor to comply with the requirements of the GPhC training programme
• To communicate and liaise effectively with other members of the healthcare professions and build relationships with external organizations such as GP surgeries and area teams
• Ensure that the branch is open for trading and dispensing of prescriptions during the registered opening hours.
• Respect confidentiality of information concerning customers and staff in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
• Maintain confidentiality of company policies and figure statistics.
• Ensure all prescriptions are fully and accurately endorsed.
• And more ..
Management of medicines
Relationship building and rapport
Drug inventory management
Patient privacy and confidentiality
Training and mentoring
I am an assertive, self-motivated and enthusiastic pharmacist,
I have a strong connection with change and innovation because
I am a livelong learner.